cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Multiple C Series 9234 at same rate

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am very new to NI development.  I have a task in which I have 3 NI 9234 modules that I would like to trigger at the same time and collect a certain amount of data .  I am hoping to do this in C/C++ using the DAQmx libraries, but having trouble finding a good example in the various other programs.  

My first task would be to collect a finite set of samples at the same time using the 3 modules (aka, Dev1/a0, Dev2/a0, Dev3/a0).

My second task would be to trigger the collect with an external pulse (similar to the pulse generation example project).

Please let me know if this is possible.

I will continue to look into this, but have difficulty getting the task to run properly. 

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjack1212

Update:

After reading a bit more and diving more into the hardware of the problem, it turns out my first task was a simple one.  Essentially I can trigger each module at the same time, with the same rate, because they are all located on the same 9137 chassis.  As such, in my code, I call each module as such:

const char* PortName12 = "cDAQ2Mod1/ai0:3, cDAQ2Mod2/ai0:3";

DAQmxErrChk(DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan(taskHandle, PortName12, "", DAQmx_Val_Cfg_Default, -5.0, 5.0, DAQmx_Val_Volts, NULL));

Now on to task 2, which is triggering the collections with an external pulse.  My trigger is also on the same chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,926 Views)