From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with cDaq 9172

Hello,

my application allows me to browse my system for all existing NI-Devices.
If I add a new device such as the USB 9233, I ask the device for its maximum sample rate and number of possible channels to display the information for the user. The user can then specify his needed channels etc. I get the information by creating a task for that device and reading the channelinfo.

When I'm now connecting the cDAQ Chassis 9172  with the system I 'm facing some errors. I have a 9233 and a 9215 plugged in the 9172.

I can read information from the 9215 but I get 235294 S/s as a maximum sample rate? Can this be right?

I can't read any information from the 9233 and  get  an error message in the eventviewer:

Error: -201087
Description: Measurements: Task contains physical channels on one or more devices that require you to specify the Sample Clock Rate.

Specify a Sample Clock Rate.
Device: cDAQ1

I don't know which sample clock I have to specify.
What are the differences when I#m working with the USB 9233 and the 9233 plugged in an 9172 Chassis?

Thank you for your help.

Karsten

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,788 Views)
Hi Karsten,

which software do you use and when did the error occur? Could you please tell which cDAQ modul is in which slot of the 9172 chassis and did the error still exists if you change the moduls by each other!

I can tell you the maximum sampling rate for one channel of the NI 9233 is 50kS/s and for the NI 9215 100kS/s. You read such information on the linked page. If you need more information about a special modul have a look to the cDAQ page.

Reagards
TomBaum
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,780 Views)
Hi Karsten,

The maximum sampling rate for the NI 9215 is 235294 S/s if you are only measuring channel 0.  The maximum rate is a little over 100 kS/s for all four channels.

I can't exactly tell from the message, but it looks like you might be querying the sample rate for the chassis (cDAQ1) instead of the module (cDAQ1Mod1, etc.)  The 9233 is able to operate at the same 50 kS/s in either the cDAQ chassis or the USB-9233 configuration.

Regards,
Kyle
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,773 Views)

thanks for the reply.

we solved the problem.

we used a task to get all the needed information from the daq-devices in the chassis. To create a task I need to enter a sample rate. Normally the default-value was taken to do this. We changed from default value e.g. to 10000 and it works.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,766 Views)