Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell us your plans for using Visual Studio 2010

Please take a moment to tell us your plans for Visual Studio 2010 by completing this 8 question survey.
Message Edited by Laura F. on 05-11-2010 08:39 PM
Adri Kruger
National Instruments
LabVIEW Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,367 Views)

The following is what I need for Measurement studio for VS2010. I need efficiency and speed, high quality code behind compateble to VC++ native codes.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VC/How-to-display-a-char-array-with-NI-graph-control/...

How to display a char* array with NI graph control?

My developing environment is VC2005sp1 + MeasurementStudio8.1.1.

It seems that PlotY could only accept CNIVector type as input data source and PlotY could not accecpt char* array or unsigned int array as input data source. Is it true?

My data is stored in a large char* array. Each character(or Byte) of this array represents a value point. The size of this char* is of LARGE_INTEGER type. How could I display every Bytes of this char* array with NI graph control?

My code looks like this:

CNiReal32Vector        mNIVectorforDisplay;        // NI vector for display.

//   pYDisplay is the points of char* array.  liSizeofField is the size of this array, which is of LARGE_INTEGER type

mNIVectorforDisplay    =    CNiReal32Vector(liSizeofField.QuadPart, (char*)pYDisplay);

//   The above two line can work through, while the following trigers an error.

pWaveGraph->GetPlots().Item("Y").PlotY(mNIVectorforDisplay);    

Would you plz tell me how to realize this scenario?

I’m looking forward to your response and kindly help.

Thank you.

I partially solve this problem now. I use "for" loop and "=" operator to fufill the task, which is quiet slow and looks ugly.

The code looks like this:

for (int i=0; i<1000; i++)
    {
        mNIVectorforDisplay[i] = *(LPBYTE)((unsigned char*)((pYData)+i));
    }
    m_Wave.Plots.Item("Y").PlotY(mNIVectorforDisplay);

My question is : Could NI Graph control support native C++ arrays and pointers, not wrapped CNIVector** class.

I go through some of the code behind, I found that inside the CNIVector** class constructor, low efficient "for" loop and "=" operator are used to convert a C++ array to

wrapped CNIVector** class. This manner could not be attractive in the need for speed and efficiency.

Who can tell me how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,852 Views)

This thread is meant for suggestions and comments, so we'd like specific questions to be in their own thread.

Please continue this question at http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VC/How-to-display-a-char-array-with-NI-graph-control/....

Thank you!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,817 Views)

I'm using Visual Studio for developping image processing algorithms in the medical domain

Ecrire unebook, c'est aussi un travail.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(7,158 Views)

My company wants me to develop a spreadsheet which can be shared over the office with many feature like login is need for the user.Record the chanages made by the user ,No ohther user can modify other user information etc.Can anybody suggest nice website to learn more about Vb script

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,154 Views)

I am using Visual Studio 2010 to implement an inhouse application for the company. Works good so far and is happy with the product.

Download free vector packs and vector images now for personal use.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,150 Views)

My project is a somehow like a oscilloscope with image analyzer, which is specially customized for video analysing purpose. At the very begining, I tried to use VC2005 + measurement studio. But later I gave up this way. The reason is :

1, Graph control of NI don't seem to support image processing.

2, Graph control needs tedius and time wasting type conversion between C++ raw data types and NI specific data types, which is bad for efficiency of the application.

Later I use an open source image processing control to fullfill my work. Now the application works well with nice UI and high efficiency. So, my opinion is, VC is the best choice. You should use measurement studio only when you don't have better choices in VC.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,147 Views)

The FDA makes available nutritional metrics on thousands of different kinds of foods.  Their 'database' is about

17 large flat files.  I using Visual Studio to:

1) Import refreshes of the data into a denormalized My SQL DB to make it available for a meal planning application

2) produce normalized views of the same data in CSV files for analysis in Excel

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,109 Views)

I am also switching from express edition 2008 to 2010, is there any formal guide to do this for the measurement studio?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,068 Views)

Unfortunately, we do not have a formal guide for upgrading from Visual Studio 2008 to 2010. The process should be smooth with a few minor caveats.

Visual Studio 2010 is designed for .NET 4.0. It supports .NET 3.5 projects, but you should keep in mind version conflicts when developing new applications. Also, Measurement Studio 2010 will install with integration into Visual Studio 2010. If you are using Measurement Studio 2009, you will need to take a few extra steps as documented in the KnowledgeBase Article: Using Measurement Studio 2009 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Also keep in mind that Measurement Studio cannot integrate into the Visual Studio Express version as described in the KnowledgeBase Article: Measurement Studio Support for Visual Studio Express Editions.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,052 Views)