Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6013 vs PCIe-6320

Hi All,

I am updating my software to the latest Ni Daqmx from the traditional (Legacy) and I'm having some problems.  I currently have my PCIe-6320 working with the C/C++ code that I have written and it works fine.  I use the same code to run on my PCI-6013 card and it does not work.  I am unable to get communication throught the pins on the board of the 6013 but communications work perfectly fine on my 6320.  I dont have any errors that are coming out of the code.  The code is written using the Ni Daqmx C API with calls: DAQmxCreateTask(), DAQmxCreateDIChan(), DAQmxStartTask(), DAQmxReadDigitalU8(), DAQmxStopTask(), DAQmxClearTask().

As I said before these calls work perfectly with the 6320 but not with the 6013.  Im not sure what the difference is between the two programmically or configuration wise but I am unable to get the older card working.  Any help is greatly appreciated as I need this urgently!

Patt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,392 Views)

This may help in solving the problem I ran the LabVIEW Signal Express with the NI I/O Trace up and running a a "Step Process (Test)" and my application would get the 200587 error for the ports I was listening to.  I restarted my program then restarted the LabVIEW Signal Express "Step" I was running and it started to get the 200587 error while my application ran fine.

Is the port blocking??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,391 Views)

Hi Patt,

The error you're seeing refers to:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5664C009DA244727862571E900046775

Have you added your PCI-6013 in MAX?  If so, do MAX test panels work?  If MAX test panels don't work on the PCI-6013, but do on your PCIe-6320, would you try putting the PCI-6013 in a different PCI slot?  If the test panels work then it means something in your code wasn't altered properly when changing cards, if the test panel doesn't work it means there's an issue communicating with the card in general.  Here's how to use MAX test panels:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4638/en/

John M.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,367 Views)

Thanks John,

It appears it may be the card or that the card was not seeded correctly.  I happen to have another card that I replaced it with and the code is working on it further debugging will reveal one way or the other.  I will update the thread appropriately to help others in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,363 Views)