Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6211 function reference

Hello.

Where can I find API function reference for NI USB-6211?

Thank you

--

alanbor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,874 Views)

Hello alanbor,

I am not sure I understood your question. You would like drivers to interface with NI-usb 6211?

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,866 Views)

Hello A.V.

Not exactly drivers. I'm searching for a way my programm could interact with a NI USB-6211 device.

I suppose there should be a C-language API library shipped with it.

Let me explain it further. I need a standalone waveform function generator and now I'm searching for a suitable device.

It should be controllable from my program (waveform parameters configuration, start/stop), but be able to run on its own after being started.

It is also important for me to have an access to internal clock of the device to be able to synchronyze it with host PC.

I could not find answers in the users manual and I hope API function reference will help me.

--

Best regards,

alanbor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,864 Views)

Hello alanbor,

Perhaps what you mean is the C API library ? if yes, you can take a look at this link

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,833 Views)

Dear kusg.

Yes! The C API library is exactly what I am looking for!

Thank you for the link, now I know that it exists....

I have not yet bought the device itself since I'd like first to have a look at its API to estimate its capabilities and then decide if it is worth buying it or not.   So I don't have anything installed on my PC. Where can I find and download the C API documentation and examples without buying the device?

--

Best regards,

alanbor.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,827 Views)

Hi,

Perhaps you can try to download from the latest NI-DAQmx drivers here. I guess you may need to understand the examples, to test its API..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,822 Views)

Thanks kusg.

To elaborate on what Kusg posted, the NI-DAQmx driver contains the various APIs as well as the driver itself. When installing the driver, make sure to select the C API support component from the customer install dialog.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,806 Views)