From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Devices disappeared in MAX Configuration

From time to time, our application will hang (black screen), the reason of this black screen is the NI-DAQmx Devices disappeared under Devices and Interfaces.
When I clicked on the + sign to expand the tree, any of item under My System
- My System
     Data Neighborhood

Devices and Interfaces
     Scales
     Software
     VI Logger Tasks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,600 Views)

Hi,

It sounds like something has become corrupt in your DAQ driver. The latest version of DAQmx is 8.0.1. If you have an older version, then I recommend upgrading to the new driver. If you currently have this version, then you can repair the installtion. You can do this by going to Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> NI Software >> Change >> Select "DAQmx"  >> click "Modify" >> and select "Repair." Please let me know if either of these steps eliminates the problem.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,578 Views)

I have done that already, it will work for awhile, but then the problem will come back later after several On and OFF on the machine.

I get this error message under System Event Viewer.

The NI Configuration Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Source: Service Control Manager     Event ID 7034

The nidevldu service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Source: Service Control Manager      Event ID 7034

I cannot duplicate the problem if I disconnect the computer from the machine "without" the NI cable connected. It seems this problem can happen when I have the computer connected to the machine.

Johnny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,562 Views)

Hi Johnny,

This is a very strange error. What OS do you have on this computer? If it is Windows XP, what service pack(s) do you have?

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,544 Views)
Windows XP SP2 Professional.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,543 Views)

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the information. Since you have repaired the driver and it didn't fix the issue, I would like you to try a full uninstall/re-install of the driver. Also, just to make sure I'm clear: you are using version 8.0.1. What hardware do you have installed on this system? Please let me know what you find out.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,522 Views)
I have done that already, Process to uninstall the driver.
Remove from Add/Remove Programs, reboot the PC.
Go Program Files and delete the National Instrument folder.
Open Regedit, and remove anything related with National Instrument Key/folder.
Reboot the PC again, and then re-install the new 8.01 version.

Hardware installed on the PC: PCI-DIO-32HS

Johnny
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,521 Views)

Hi Johnny,

If you have already performed these steps, then I think that we have exhausted all of our possiblities here. I recommend contacting National Instruments Technical Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,508 Views)

I did, that was my first option.

He told me exactly what you have told me, but as you know we always need to ask for a second opinion, if the issue still pending...

Thanks a lot for your help my friend.

Johnny

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,507 Views)
Hi Hal and Johnny,

Was this issue ever resolved?  There is a customer experiencing a similiar issue.  Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Erik

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,041 Views)