From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy NI-DAQ boards - Traditional NI-DAQ configuration doesn't show up in MAX

I am setting up a new system using legacy code. Windows XP running LabWindows/CVI 8.1. MAX 4.6.1f0, running a PCI-GPIB and a new NI PCIe-6361 DAQ board. The new computer only has PCIe slots, so we had to replace the older PCI-6034E.

I installed the legacy support drivers, and have the old .daq configuration files, but I can't get the PCIe-6361 to show up as a Traditional Device under Max, in fact there is no line for Traditional NI-DAQ at all.  If I right-click on "Devices and Interfaces" and try to create a new "Traditional NI-DAQ Device" it doesn't have any line for a NI-DAQ device. When I launch our program, it tries to initialize Board 1 and chokes because it thinks it's not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,178 Views)

Hello pblase,

Because Traditional NI-DAQ is now a legacy driver, newer DAQ hardware is not supported using this driver.  Our M Series (NI 62xx) and X Series (63xx) boards cannot use the Traditional NI-DAQ driver.  Instead, they use the newer NI-DAQmx driver.  Unfortunatly, if you would like to use the PCIe bus, you will need to update your code to use NI-DAQmx instead of Traditional NI-DAQ.  We have an FAQ on the conversion from Traditional NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx located here.   In the future, you can refer to the readme for the driver to determine which devices are supported.  For Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4, the readme is located here and for NI-DAQmx 9.0.2, it is located here.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,175 Views)