From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing VISA protocol in STM32F7 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm trying implementing VISA protocol into my STM32 module to communicate it with LabVIEW.

Any ideas? I´m stuck.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,773 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABuig97

NI-VISA is a proprietary library from National Instruments. There are a few other companies who implemented their own Visa library such as Agilent but they are proprietary too (closed source).

The only way to get this onto your controller would be to try to look at Open VISA or LibreVISA and try to port that code to your STM32 target. Open VISA is pure C but hasn't had any activity since 2005 and LibreVISA uses C++ and various c++ libraries like boost and I'm not sure how much support your C compiler has for extra libraries like that.

But maybe you should explain more what you try to do with LabVIEW. Are you trying to implement a LabVIEW program to run on the STM32? If so how? LabVIEW itself does not provide any Toolkit that would let you develop programs for that target. If you just want to communicate from a LabVIEW program that runs on Windows, MacOSX or a supported Linux distribution on a PC, you do not need to have VISA on your embedded target to do so. You simply will use VISA in your LabVIEW program to communicate through TCP/IP or serial uart and use whatever API on your target that supports that interface.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,620 Views)

Thank you very much Rolf Kalbermatter !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,606 Views)