From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make an VISA programe in Visual Studio2017 without explicitly install NI-VISA?

Hello,

I want to make a program to control instrument. I'd like to include the visa32.dll and so on , in my install package. And do not want to bother custom to install NI-VISA first.

How could I make it happen?

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,582 Views)

I found the program will automatically call the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NiSpyLog.dll.  Then if I remove the folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation, the program will fail to control the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,533 Views)

The times where a software component consisted of exactly one DLL and nothing else are long gone. And that means that the component provider needs to provide an installer too for such software, which makes sure everything is put in the right place for the actual OS. While you might want to just use a single DLL that is not an option here (unless you want to go back to NI-VISA 4.x or similar but good luck with getting that to run on anything after Windows 2000 😁).

Advances in technology sometimes require sacrifices and this is one of them.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,418 Views)