Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1304 happened on Win7 x86 while installing the package made by NI Measurement Studio Installer Builder

Hi,

We made the Installer package with the help of NI Measurement Studio Installer Builder. The Installer ran properly on Win7 x64 without any issue. But when we ran the Installer package on Win7 x86, an Error 1304 would pop-up to block the installation.

Has anybody encountered similar issue before? How to solve this problem? Please. advise.

I have attached the Screenshot for this Error and also the log created during the installation and the Merge Modules I added in the Installer for your reference. Appreciate your attention and help in advance.

Thanks,

Kevin 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,433 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I found a post from another user (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-NationalInstrumen...) who mentioned that this reference depends on the Visual C++ 2010 Runtime that is installed with Visual Studio. The link to the download is available below.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

Let me know if this helps.

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,323 Views)

Hi Josh,

Thank you, I have tried with this Visual C++ 2010 Runtime, but it didn't help.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,318 Views)

Kevin,

What permissions do you have on the x86 system? Do you have any 64-bit specific dependencies in your project? Try to run the installer as admin by right-clicking the msi file and selecting Run as admin and see if that works.

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,293 Views)

Hi Josh,

Thank you very much for the help.

It's a virtual machine and I have the administrator permission on it.

I have removed the "_x64.msm" and built a dedicated x86 installer project, then I has not encountered that error any more.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,257 Views)