From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Driver for PCI-6602?

Hi All,

I need to develop a driver for the NI PCI-6602.  My plan is to create a DLL using native Visual C++.  This needs to be compact code, as it will run on an embedded system. So, far, I've been very disappointed in the information and examples I've been able to find.

My first decision is; do I use the resources (what little there is) of DAQmx, or should I bite the bullet and register-program the application?

In either case, How do I identify and connect to a pnp PCI device?

I guess what I'm really asking, is to connect with someone who's had some similar experience with this, and/or see some relevant examples.

All help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,277 Views)

Hi RogerMont,

Have you come across the NI-DAQmx C Reference help? I have attached a copy of it below. You may find this useful.

Regards,

Josh Brown 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,267 Views)

Hi Josh,

I think you only zipped a shortcut and not the file.  However in examining the properties of the shortcut, I found where the file is located on my installation.  I put a shortcut to it on my desktop. That'll help.

I'll see if it answers my questions.

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,263 Views)