Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxbase with pci 6220

I have developed C code to sample a USB-9215A using nidaqmxbase on windows xp. Installing only nidaqmxbase (not nidaqmx) the code ran well. Now on the same machine I have installed a PCI-6220 card and am trying to reuse the same code (for both devices  Dev1, Dev2). After trying many different strategies it is not working and the USB device no longer works either. Sequence of events:

1) There did not appear to be a driver for the 6220 using nidaqmxbase

2) So removed nidaqmxbase and installed nidaqmx (940f1) , the device is now found (Usb on Dev1 and PCI on Dev2)

3) Tried to compile the code but it appears  nidaqmxbase is not a subset of nidaqmx as indicated in the documentation (e.g. calls to "DAQmxBase****" functions are not found when linking against NIDAQmx.lib) and code will not compile

4) So reinstalled nidaqmxbase (345) over the top of nidaqmx, code now compiles (linking against nidaqmxbase.lib) but will not run (for either USB or PCI)

5) Error is DAQmxBase Error: 2288296

6) The devices do not appear to be available to nidaqmxbase e.g. program "lsdaq" does not show devices

So the question is do I need to ditch the nidaqmxbase software and re-write it using nidaqmx functions or can nidaqmxbase be made to work with the pci-6220 (my preference)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,128 Views)

Solution found

It seems that 6220 is not supported in nidaqmxbase, so removed all ni software and installed nidaqmx only

Then the code can easily be ported by changing all DAQmxBase**** function calls to DAQmx***** function calls

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,125 Views)