From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Error: DAQmx Every N Samples Transferred from Buffer Event is not supporte d by the channel types

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Trying to get my new ni9263 below are the steps:

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCreateTask("",&taskHandle));
DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan(taskHandle,"Dev1/ao0","",-10,10,DAQmx_Val_Volts,NULL)); // NI-USB 9263
DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming(taskHandle,"",SAMPLE_RATE,DAQmx_Val_Rising,DAQmx_Val_ContSamps,SAMPLE_SIZE));

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCfgOutputBuffer(taskHandle, OUTPUT_BUFFER_SIZE));

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxRegisterDoneEvent(taskHandle,0,DoneCallback,NULL));

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxRegisterEveryNSamplesEvent(taskHandle, DAQmx_Val_Transferred_From_Buffer, EVERY_N_SAMPLES, 0, EveryNSamplesCallbackAO, NULL));
DAQmxSetWriteRegenMode(taskHandle, DAQmx_Val_DoNotAllowRegen);

//Then i do my write code and start the task

when i step through my code my application crashes when it gets to DAQmxRegisterEveryNSamplesEvent with the following error 

DAQmx Error: DAQmx Every N Samples Transferred from Buffer Event is not supporte d by the  channel types

Status Code: -200980

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,454 Views)

Greetings;

Before anything, what kind of carrier would you happen to be using with the NI-9263? 

If it is a carrier such as the NI USB 9162, that may be the crux of the issue, as developped on the following article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/250113A02E07E332862574170058A928?OpenDocument

Should that be the case, it would be the fact that 9162 lacks Onboard FIFO necessary to support this event.

Cordially,

Simon Perez

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,440 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I am using usb-9162. What is a good altarnative i can use my NI9263 with.

-Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yma200

Greetings;

When you mention alternative, do you mean an alternative sleeve or chassis or an alternative in the code? 

If its a matter of code, then you will probably need to change your software architecture to fit the capabilities of the setup. In order to avoid using the FIFO and thus have the problem that you are encountering, can you avoid needing to register that event? A couple of examples on different architectures can be found on the following link:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6999/en

Cordially,

Simon Perez

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,418 Views)