From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Channel Configuration to RSE in C# for 9205

I just got the 9205 module and I am using the examples contained in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET3.5\Analog In\Measure Voltage". When I first started using the program I found that it worked for a differential measurement, but it was unstable. I read in another forum though that unused channels should be gounded, so I did this and that problem was corrected. Now I want to make an RSE (Referenced Single-Ended) measurement, but all of the examples I have are for the default, which is differential. How can I configure the device to RSE readings in C#? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,908 Views)

I got it... From the example "AcqOneVoltageSample.2008" there is the line of code:

myTask.AIChannels.CreateVoltageChannel(physicalChannelComboBox.Text,"", (AITerminalConfiguration)(-1),Convert.ToDouble(minimumValueNumeric.Value), Convert.ToDouble(maximumValueNumeric.Value),AIVoltageUnits.Volts);

Change "(AITerminalConfiguration)(-1)" to "AITerminalConfiguration.Rse".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,906 Views)

You may also be interested in the article Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals whic describes hardware side of device configuration to reduce noise.

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,896 Views)