Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx 9.0.2 core installation error

Hello.

I'm trying to install the NI MAQ 902 Core Run-time package on my Windows 7 Professional 64bit (running as VM).  During the installation process, I'm getting an error "The NI MXS 4.6.0 installation has failed with the following error. Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected......".

When I continue with the installation, the process runs to the end and I get a message that the installation failed, and that I should fix the error and try again. However it seems that the package was installed after all. The driver is installed and all the supporting files are present.  Also, what is interesting is that when I uninstall the National instrument software, and run the installer again, I do not get the error.  It only happens on ther first run.

Anybody has an idea what this may be?  And what can I do to fix this issue?

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,208 Views)

Hi KrisG76,

You said you're trying to install "NI MAQ 902" are you referring to DAQmx 9.0.2? I'm assuming so, but wanted to confirm because IMAQ is vision software offered by NI. 

Are you trying to install this on multiple VMs? It sounds like you have after you ran the installer again that everything worked. Is this correct?

Regards, 

Kevin 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,182 Views)

Sorry, I meant to write NI DAQ 9.0.2.

I'm trying to install on one VM.  I created a snapshop of a clean fresh Windows 7 OS and trying to install the Code runtime package.  First time I run it it fails during the installation process with the 1722 error code.  However it let me continue with the installation and it looks like everything is actually installed.  But if I uninstall the NI software, and run the installer once again, I do not get the same error message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,172 Views)

Hey KrisG76,

There is a known condition in which you can receive error 1722 when installing driver software from CD on Windows XP due to register-level permissions for users ( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/34ABE6F20DD4981D86256E8600752DFE?OpenDocument ). However,I have been unable to locate other occurences of this issue with more modern operating systems. I understand that a service request as been created and a colleague is investigating this. Any findings will be posted here so that they are publicly viewable.

Regards,

Kevin

Applications Engineer

National Instruments  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,149 Views)

I've already tried changing the registry permissions with no effect.  Plus i'm not sure if the process would be slightly different on Windows 7 (different registry locations perhpas?).  Anyways, I will wait to see if there is any kind of resolution for this. I'm guessing that if this issue cannot ne replacated by the NI engineering staff , then it must be some permissions misconfiguration in my OS.

Thank you anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,140 Views)