Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When loading sample V project I get "Could not create reference: C:\windows\system32\visa32.dll"

When loading sample VB6 project I get "Could not create reference: C:\windows\system32\visa32.dll".  I checked and the file is there. VB Project is found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-VISA\Examples\VB6

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,496 Views)

Hello Rarjr,

I found a CAR (# 25P9IDTD) with a similar issue.  The CAR was resolved by fixing the references in the .vbp files.  You may want to try opening the project, removing the references and then recreating them.

Try that land let me know how it goes.

Would you please tell me which operating system you're machine is using and which version of Measurement Studio are you using with VB6?

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,483 Views)

Hello Rarjr,

The examples are using hardcoded paths instead of a generic path for DLLs. If you hand edit (in notepad) the .vbp (VB project) file, you can remove the explicit path and then the system can find the DLL since it's in the normal search path.

An example of the line in the .vbp that needs to be changed is:

Current .vpp: Reference=*\G{39C32428-25DB-11D0-85B4-0020AF33DEAE}#0.0#0#D:\WIN98\SYSTEM\Visa32.dll#VISA Library Proposed .vbp: Reference=*\G{39C32428-25DB-11D0-85B4-0020AF33DEAE}#0.0#0#Visa32.dll#VISA Library.

Again, make these edits in a text editor as Visual Basic does not provide a clear way to manage these references from within its IDE.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,468 Views)