Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix TDS3012B IVI driver from NI : Problem in VB6

I am using IVI driver of Tektronix TDS3200 Oscilloscope downloaded from NI website.
I have the actual scope TDS 3012 and I downloaded the IVI driver for TDS30xx IVi driver from NI website and installed and
set properly the logical name,  hardware asset, GPIB address etc in MAX.

I am usning GPIB-USB-HS. I tested it and the device and GPIB interface in MAX can communicate with the instruments and find its ID properly.

I wrote a program in VB 6 using NI measurement Studios IVI component by myself and also used the Ni example program in

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudio\VB\Samples\IVI\CWIviScope\BasicCWIviScope

but when ever for my Scope IVI Session, I set the actual device in MAX to "SIMULATE"  then it works but whenever I set NO SIMULATE then both my and NI programs 
does not work and gives the following error with the Configuration method.

Run-time error '-31619(ffff847d)'-
tkds30xx_InitWithOptions returned an error:-1073807257(0xbfff0067).error -the given session does not support this operation

I also checked in VB6 with a CWIViScope componenent right clicking on it when I TEST CURRENT CONFIGURATION with a IVI device logical name, hadware asset etc set properly in MAX ) with ENABLE ON then it gives error but if I disable ENABLE then it gives message CONFIGURATION Ok, but during the run time I cant access any button on the scope panel and neither it works.

Can anybody gives me clue what happen ?
Is ita problem with VISA.
I have the VISA installed.
In the MAX it says " No Miscleneous VISA resources found"...
with a Yellow ! sign.

with best regards
Ray

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,058 Views)

Ok I reinstalled VISA and IVI compliance package 2.3 .

Now I can communicate with the scope while the IVI driver is det to NO SIMULATION mode.

On the CWIVIScope component I can set the ENABLE on and and can configure and can verify the confiuration ok as

when I click  the configuration , it communicate with the instruments and say Configuration ok. 

With the program Ni CWIViScope in the NI example folder  I can configure ,

I can even change the vertical range by rotary dial on the program panel.

but whenever I tried to capture one channel ( 1 or 2 ) it gives a error

Run -time error '-30521(ffff88c7)':
(CHANNEL2)Timeout expired before operation complleted.[IVI Error Code: BFFF0015]

CWIviScope1.Channels(2).Read cwiviscopeWaveform

I tried to increase the timeout , no effect.

Whenever I click to the bug it repor problems with the following line

CWIviScope1.Channels(2).Read cwiviscopeWaveform

Any sugessions.

with best regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,057 Views)
Hi Ray,

We've got a lot of information here, so I want to clarify - after reinstalling VISA and the IVI compliance package, you were able to communicate with your device (which is no simulation mode - in simulation mode you are not taking to the device); however, you were not able to acquire from a channel?

What NI example are you using - is it the same one as in the previous post?

Also, there is a newer version of the IVI Compliance Package available here. I would recommend downloading the latest version and trying it out again.

Regards,

Matt M.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,043 Views)
Dear Matt

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Yes I am using the same example (BasicCWIviScope)  in the following  NI example folder.
(C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudio\VB\Samples\IVI\CWIviScope\BasicCWIviScope)

You are right :

I can communicate with the Scope in NO SIMULATION MODE ( after running the program I can change the Volt/div on the sofware scope panel and it changes the
actual volt/div in the real scope. I can configure also, as I see the reaction from the actual scope.

when I click to acquire a channel data ie I click "Acquire Channel 1 WFm"  or "Acquire Channel 2 WFM" OR 
"click single read" or "continuous read" , It gives error.

I will install  now the newer version of the IVI that you mentioned and tell you what happened.

best regards
Ray

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,034 Views)