Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB device memory underflow (error 88709)

I'm communicating with a USB-6251 and a USB-6221 with a VB6 program. When I jump up to a higher sampling rate, after a couple hours the program will return with an error 88709, saying that the onboard device memory underflowed. What's odd is that it only appears on some computers, and at different rates. Some computers can run for days before the problem occurs, others it never occurs at all, and others it crashes within minutes or hours.

I've been trying for a while to locate what is causing the error to no avail, and am looking for a different solution. What I'd like to do is have the program catch the error, and when the error occurs, just clear the data stream and allow the program to continue instead of having the program crash. Does anybody know how I can do this in VB?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,709 Views)

Hi,

Could you post your code so we could get a better idea of how your application is setup? It sounds like your data transfer speeds on the different computers are causing this issue with respect to the timing difference between the errors occurring.

Have you tried any of the example code with varying sampling rates?

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,671 Views)

Hello,

I've actually also posted the question in another section of the forum, and I've posted the code as well as screenshots of the error there

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/USB-6251-memory-underflow-error-88709/m-p/3601140#M91905

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,667 Views)