Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING: NiDAQ MX C API

I am developing applications on a 64 bit version of XP using VB6 and Measurment Studio.  When bringing in source code from an old project that makes calls to the the NIDAQ MX C API I encounter a problem of the VB compiler not finding the nidaqmx.tlb.  I have tried re-installing NIDAQ (latest version) and re-intstalling the VB support for Measurement Studio.  I have also tried copying nidaqmx.tlb from another computer to my Windows/System32 folder.  It is there, but he VB compiler cant't seem to find/recognize it.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,863 Views)

Hello JasonAtSeagate,

Would you please post the error you are receiving when you try to compile and run your application?

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,846 Views)

Also, which version of VB was the original code written in?

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,843 Views)

I am unable to run and compile the application, because of the missing NiDAQ MX C API file. (nidaqmx.tlb).  The file is acutally in the System32 folder, but the VB-IDE keeps telling me that it is not there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,842 Views)

VB-6

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,841 Views)

Hello JasonAtSeagate,

I just checked and 64-bit XP is not supported by Measurement Studio.  You will have to use a machine with one of the supported OS's.  Check the readme file on your machine to verify which OS are supported.  This file is should be located in the same directory where Measurement Studio is installed.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,839 Views)

This is not a Measurement Studio problem.  I am trying to reference the "nidaqmx.tlb"  This can be done in straiht VB without any use of Measurement Studio.

BTW, everything in Measurement Studio that does not involve NI-DAQ seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,837 Views)

Hello JasonAtSeagate,

I'm going to need more information to trouble shoot this further.  Would you please let me know what error you are encountering?  I understand that you are not able to run your application.  The Visual Studio programming environment should prompt you that it is not able to compile and build the application because of this error.  Would you send me a screen shot of this error?  Before there may have been a miscommunication in that you may have thought that I was asking for an error that occurs during the execution of your application.  I'm actually asking for a copy of the error that stops the build from completing.  I think it will give us more to go off of. 

As well, what process are you using to include "nidaqmx.tlb" to your project?  More clearly, are you just dropping the file into C:\system32 or are you clicking a series of menu options to add this to your project, and if so, which menu options are you using?

Have you considered opening a service ticket with Microsoft as well?  They may be able to offer some assistance in this as well.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,826 Views)

Thanks for taking an interest in my issue.  To keep things simple, let's just use an example program furnished by NI - Acq-Int CLK.VPB.  This example also makes calls to the nidaqmx.tlb and generates the same error on the first call to any nidaqmx.tlb component.  Please see attached.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,818 Views)

The likely cause is that the nidaqmx.tlb is not registered and thus does not show up in the references.  You should be able to get around this by using the "browse" button in references to locate and select nidaqmx.tlb.  I believe that VB6 will also register the nidaqmx.tlb when you do this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,810 Views)