Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any small program to check o/p voltage and waveform generation when i/p is thermocouple o/p

I have purchased pci 6024e DAQ and I want to check the card with using thermocouple and with the help of Visual Basic 6.
Please help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,985 Views)
The best way to check to make sure your Data Acquisition (DAQ) board or card is working is to run Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). From MAX, you can make sure that the card has computer resources assigned to it and also read any channel and display the voltage on the screen. You may also output a voltage (if your board has analog output capability) from MAX.

I would suggest running MAX, connecting up the thermocouple to the card, and reading the voltage reported by MAX to make sure the voltage reported is correct. To check the analog output, I would connect the analog output to an analog input channel and make sure whatever voltage is output is also read in correctly.

Once the board is working correctly in MAX, you can begin development with Visual Basic. You
can use the standard NI-DAQ function calls, or, for faster, easier development, consider using the ComponentWorks for VisualBasic software. See www.ni.com/products and look for Measurement Studio for more information about ComponentWorks.

You can find more about MAX at www.ni.com/support/daq. This page covers installation problems, but also shows how to test the functionality of the card with MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,985 Views)