Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Digital Output from the PCI-6259

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to generate a continuous four-bit digital signal (16 samples) from a PCI-6259 that I'm trying to have look like the output of a four-bit counter (0 to 15) from P0.0, P0.1, P0.2, and P0.3. I have no problem creating the task in Measurement and Automation (see attached screenshot).

The issue I'm running into is that I'm not sure what Write function I ought to be using to get my DAQ to go. I've tried using DAQmxWriteDigitalLines and that didn't seem to get me anywhere.

FWIW, here's a snippet of code I've tried to get to work to no avail. My thought is that I could repeat this process for 0 to 15.

index = 0
                    For i = 1 To highPoints
                     writearray1(0) = 0
                     writearray1(1) = 0
                     writearray1(2) = 0
                     writearray1(3) = 0
                     index = index + 1
                     publicStatus = DAQmxWriteDigitalLines(publicDigitalOut0TaskHandle, DACwaveFormSize, True, 5, DAQmx_Val_GroupByScanNumber, writearray(0), publicSampsPerChanWritten, ByVal 0&)
                    Next i

Am I doing anything wrong? I would greatly appreciate whatever help the community could give.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,540 Views)

Hey Armando,

I noticed that in your code you may referencing the wrong array. You create "writearray1" and then reference writearray. Was this intentional? Also if you go to start>all programs>national instruments>NI-DAQ>Text-Based Code Support you will find the NI-DAQ™mx C Reference Help. You may find this resource useful.

Regards,

Josh Brown

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,529 Views)

I actually corrected that in the (simplified) code, and I wound up getting an overflow error. FWIW, I've got a 20 kHz pulse train driving PF01.

writearray(0) = 1
writearray(1) = 0
writearray(2) = 0
writearray(3) = 0
publicStatus = DAQmxWriteDigitalLines(publicDigitalOut0TaskHandle, DACwaveFormSize, True, 5, DAQmx_Val_GroupByScanNumber, writearray(0), publicSampsPerChanWritten, ByVal 0&)

What I'll do after the long weekend is check out some of the tutorials to see if they can point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Armando83

It took me a little while, but I was able to adapt the code from DAQmx Dig Write tutorial for my project.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,491 Views)