From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello,

is there some example of program to control a NI 9264 (or NI 9263) somewhere, in VB6 or C (not labview)

That would be very helpfull as a starting point

thank you

Best

Fabian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,177 Views)

Hi Fabian,

Here is a link to a great NI White Paper that describes programming Data Acquisition (DAQ) devices with LabVIEW and text based programming languages. At the beginning of the document, there is a summary of examples that are installed on your machine along with Measurement Studio. These examples may be useful. Also, the document breaks down each DAQmx operation and explains how it could be accomplished in both LabVIEW and text based languages. These documents and examples are not specific to any single device, but should be able to point you in the right direction.

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,169 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the document, it is indeed helpful but I still have many question that I could not answer with it or the different help

I would like to build the program step by step, and first be sure that I can communicate with the NI-9264. Some properties given in the help should allow me to identify the names, Id, number of channels etc... of the module. But the description is very limited.

For example what should I enter with DAQmxGetDevChassisModuleDevNames ? All I have is: (const char device[], char *data, uInt32 bufferSize), which tell me the form but not what it is

So there is no example in C to control the 9264 ? Starting from a working program save so much time

thank you

Fabian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,162 Views)

Typically, examples are not device specific. However, there are quite a few DAQmx examples written in C that ship with the DAQmx drivers. These examples can be found by going to Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ >> Text-Based Code Support >> DAQmx ANSI C. The examples that seem relevant to the NI 9264 will be located under the "Analog Out" folder. 

The main thing to remember is that you will still have to work through the examples and make sure that it is configured correctly to interface with your device. Each example has great comments and instructions that will help you along the way.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Watts
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,158 Views)

thank you Mike,

That is actually what I am doing, but I would need more details on the "properties" in the DAQmx help to be able to adapt the example to my setup.

Particularly, concerning the DAQmxGetDevChassisModuleDevNames properties, can you tell me what are exactly the input ? (const char device[], char *data, uInt32 bufferSize)

thank you

Fabian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,155 Views)

Based on the API documentation, it seems that the first input (const char device[]) is a character array containing the name of the chassis. The second input (char *data) is a pointer to the location that you want to store the result (module names). The final input (uInt32 bufferSize) is the size of the buffer that you passed in for the second input. If you pass 0 for this parameter, the function returns the size of the buffer needed to allocate.

Regards,

Mike Watts
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,151 Views)

thank you very much, that was very helpful

do you have the document where you found these details ?

thank you

Fabian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,148 Views)

I wish I could provide more details, but I gathered this information from the same page that you previously mentioned. 

DAQmx API Documentation

Regards,

Mike Watts
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,137 Views)