Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to find module dependency with signature - NIMesaDLL

This issue seems unlike other "unable to find module depency" topics in the forum.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010,  Measurement Studio 2010 SP1.  I'm trying to deploy a project built with the setup wizard.  More precisely, I've been deploying it for a few versions now.   It works fine on most computers, but I'm wondering if these warnings are the root of the problem a few users have reported (controls not displaying, timer running very slowly)

This warning appears three times when I build my project:

Unable to find module dependency with signature 'NIMesaDLL.6FE8CEDD_964F_47A2_8F23_5A607953B235'  

Scrolling through the list of detected dependencies, I can't find anything matching this signature.  I'm only using UI

controls in my application -- no data acquisition calls, for example.

I get the same warning if I create a blank project (no controls on the form, no code except what Visual Studio creates, but including the NI Windows Forms & User Interface Library as part of the project.   No such warning if I don't include the NI Library.

a) Is it safe to simply ignore the warnings?

b) If not, how can I make them go away?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,378 Views)

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules do you see "NIMesaDLL.msm"? This is the merge module that the UI controls use.

This may also be a good document for you to reference for the dependencies for the UI library:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/netmergemodules/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,342 Views)

No, I don't see that file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,324 Views)

Does this warning occur on every single computer that you are deploying your project on? Do you have an installer to go along with you build? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)