From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referencing a task in measurement studio

Hello!

I am a bit confused on one area. In the manuals it refers to creating a task to tie several ports together and indicating how they are triggered by an external source. I manually created the task to tie 6 sensors and gave it a finite amount of points to collect. I tested it and it appears to function quite well outside of Measurement Studio.

My question is with Measurement Studio. All the examples appear to define the task (myTask) inside of Measurement Studio. Are their any examples of how you define multiple ports and the same criteria above? Are they any tutorials available on this subject? I am confused if you can use the externally created task or must you define it only inside of Measurement Studio? Can Measurement Studio "see" the externally created task?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,755 Views)
Hello Doug,

That is an excellent question. Please take a look at the KnowledgeBase article linked below. This describes the steps needed to use a Task you set up in Measurement & Automation Explorer in Measurement Studio.

How Can I Use a NI-DAQmx Task and the DAQ Assistant With Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Programming?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/DFCFC66A64B25EB486256F1D00655813?OpenDocument

I hope this helps!
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,737 Views)