cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network variables

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I have written an application using C# VS2005 and Measurement Studio 8.5 to control a test chamber.

I would like to monitor some parameters over a network or Internet using network variables

on a remote computer. Do I need to install Measurement Studio on the remote computer for this

to work? Or just install certain assemblies with a setup msi file?

Thanks,

SThompson.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,875 Views)
Message Edited by Online Courses on 10-01-2009 10:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sthompson

Hi SThompson,

Since network variables are not a measurement studio component, you won't need to have it installed on the remote machine unless you plan to debug and recompile any application developed in Measurement Studio.  To deploy the Network variables, you just need to include the correct merge module in your installer:

Once you create the setup project, simply add the MStudioNetworkVariable.2005.msm merge module located in the Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules directory to the project. Adding this merge module also adds any additional dependences needed. This step is needed in order to gather and deploy all the underlying DLLs and files for the network variable. (from Knowledgebase 47MDOJ00: Deploying Measurement Studio Network Variable Web Applications)

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,854 Views)

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I now understand what is necessary.

Regards,

Sthompson.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,849 Views)

I'm trying to build a project that was written by someone else, however, I'm getting an error that this file:

MStudioNetworkVariable.2005.msm

cannot be found. I tried reinstalling measurement studio but still cannot find this file. How can I fix the problem? Is there a place I can download it from?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,696 Views)

I found my copy in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,689 Views)

Hi I have an issue for my tester 0396 that unable to find .lvlib. Below is snapshot for the issue occured. Please advice me on how to fix this issue. Thanks. 

1. Tester 0396 unable to find .lvlib file.

MZB88_0-1650869949633.png

2. Tester 0381 able to find .lvlib. 

MZB88_1-1650869988773.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,761 Views)