Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement studio deployment licensing

Solved!
Go to solution

I wish to deploy two applications to customers and am unsure of the exact licensing requirements. I have found bits and pieces of information in discussion forums, the knowledgebase, etc but still feel that I don't have the complete picture.

My first application is developed in Visual Studio, using Measurement Studio components including DAQmX function. I think that this means, according to the 'NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT' document, that I might need to include the line

"Copyright © 2011 National Instruments Corporation. All Rights Reserved."

in my 'About' box and application manual but I'm not 100% sure. Is this only really required when using LabVIEW and not Measurement Studio? In fact, does the entire 'Application Deployment' section of that document apply to applications developed using Measurement Studio as well as LabVIEW?

My second application is also developed in Visual Studio and uses Measurement Studio including ComponentWorks graphing functions. It also makes use of some dlls which I produced in LabVIEW. Now, I'm pretty sure that I need to have that copyright line in because of the use of LabVIEW. I also believe I need to purchase a deployment licence as I use Sound & Vibration Toolkit VIs in my LabVIEW dlls. Could someone confirm whether I definitely still need the deployment licence even though this, strictly speaking, is not a LabVIEW application? And is there anything else I should be doing (maybe additionally for the ComponentWorks graph)?

Thanks.

CAS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,619 Views)

Hi CAS,

I've sent an email to our legal team to respond on this, and shall let you know what the answer to your question is.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager
Green Running / Austin Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,603 Views)

Hi CAS,

Just letting you know that I'm still waiting to hear back from the legal team regarding your query.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,569 Views)

Hi Imtiaz

Thanks for the update - good to know you're on the case.

CAS 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,567 Views)

Hi Imtiaz

Any progress with my query?

CAS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,543 Views)

Hi CAS,

Sorry for the delay on this query, I've sent another email chasing up this query with the legal team.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CAS

Hi CAS,

A good prompt response this time from them:

As your first application was created with the Measurement Studio software, the Deployment and Distribution provisions of the National Instruments License Agreement (Measurement Studio) would apply, including the provisions about including the copyright notice. Presumably your application would include the necessary Measurement Studio binaries to enable runtime execution, which NI would want to protect with the appropriate copyright notice.

Again, as your second application was created with Measurement Studio, the Deployment and Distribution provisions of the National Instruments Software License Agreement (Measurement Studio) would apply. It appears that the DLLs that you describe are an application created with the LabVIEW software, so the National Instruments Software License Agreement for the LabVIEW software would apply, including the provisions about including the copyright notice and the provisions regarding Fees.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,540 Views)