From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a step-by-step guide to upgrading MS to VC++.NET

I had installed Visual Studio.NET. I then installed the MSV6 for C++.NET FDS. I copied a project from my old workstation (VC++ 6 (MS6)). I can not see any of the NI controls and am getting a compile error that \program files\national instruments\ni-imaq\lib\msvc\imaq.lib is not found. By drilling down, I see that the ni-imag subdir is not there. Is there something that I missed during the install?
Are there other common install mistakes that I need to look for?
Thanks in advance,
Chuck Bear
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,961 Views)
Most information that you need to know can be found in the "Converting Measurement Studio for Visual C++ 6.0 Projects to a Visual C++ .NET-Compatible Format" help topic in the reference. You can find this topic by going to the Measurement Studio reference table of contents, then navigating to Visual C++ Help, Tutorials, Getting Started, Measurement Studio 6.0 for Visual C++ .NET.

You should be able to see the Measurement Studio controls in the toolbox in a Measurement Studio tab when you have the dialog editor open. If it is not there, there is a button that will reset the toolbox in the Measurement Studio preferences. Regarding the link error for imaq.lib, I think that this is because Measurement Studio does not add include/lib paths for IMAQ to Visual C++
- these paths must have either been added manually or added by another installer.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,961 Views)