Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read DTLG file in C# ?

Dear all,
i 'm developing a pda application using c#. My task is converting an XML file to labview format but i don't know even the labview's screen shot.
I tried to open the output file and found that its begining is DTLG characters.
Is there any libraries or advices for me to solve this ?

The attached files below is the output of labview and the desired XML file.

Thanks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,130 Views)
mr. CuongDV,

The file that you attached is not an xml file but is a LabVIEW datalog file. Datalog is a LabVIEW file type that allows basically allows you to write an array of clusters to a file on disk and then read it back in, but you need to know what the cluster is in order to read the file back in.  There is not a published API of the datalog file format.

There are several options for you:

1) Change the application that is creating the datalog file so that it outputs a file type that you could read from a text based language, such as a binary file where you know how to interpret the file.

2) Use LabVIEW and the LabVIEW PDA Module to create an intermediate executable that could run on your PDA that would convert the datalog files in question to another format more suitable for reading by a text based language.  In this case you still need to know the datatype of the cluster that was written to the datalog files in order to correctly read back the datalog file.

3) Write your entire application using the LabVIEW PDA Module and bypass using a text based language completely.   LabVIEW PDA Module allows you to create applications for PDA targets very quickly.

Hope this info helps!
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,115 Views)