Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

demo restrictions

Could someone please post a link that shows the Restrictions for Measurement Studio for Visual Basic 2005 Demo download?

Need to know if:

will it run for 30 days only?
The designer is not limited but the run time is?
Is there any banners?
Is there any limitations?

Thanks all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,542 Views)

Hello

Are you referring to this document? The idea behind this document is to show how to use the Measurement Studio 8.0 NET libraries with VS 2005. Measurement Studio 8.0 fully supports and integrates with VS 2003, but does not with VS 2005. Refer to this KB for more information.

We currently do not have a Demo version for Measurement Studio 8.0. But you can evaluate it online by going to this link.

We intend to have a beta for Measurement Studio for VS 2005. If you are interested in helping evaluate and test the VS 2005 support or would like to recieve updates for when the full support for VS 2005 will be available, you can sign up for the beta by going to ni.com/beta.

I hope this helps.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,517 Views)

I guess that by putting the word Visual Basic 2005 complicated my question. Sorry for this. Let’s me please rephrase the question.

I need to know NI policy for downloading DEMO programs like Measurement Studio (any version)

1. Will it run for 30 days only?

2. The designer is not limited but the run time is?

3. Is there any banners that will show?

4. Is there any limitations?

The reason I ask is that some Demo only runs for 30 days, which is really naïve and silly, it takes at least 30 days to become proficient with a program, about 15 to 30 days to develop a decent application to show to a prospect customer and another 15 days to get the order.

Why not allow programmers to download demos with no restriction at all with the exception that it will only function for 1 to 2 hours in Run mode? That way we programmers have plenty of time to learn and become experts in this tool and have time to show the application to many prospective customers?

What is so crazy about this idea? I know some OPC suppliers that do this? I hope this is the case with Measurement Studio demo.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,497 Views)
Hello,

The policies for the trial versions of different NI software programs can be different, so these answers apply only to Measurement Studio.  Currently you can only download a trial version of Measurement Studio 7.0. 

1. Will [the trial software] run for 30 days only?
Yes, the trial versions of our software can only be used without a license for 30 days.

2. The designer is not limited but the run time is?
The software engineer will not be able to use the library objects, or execute the applications after the 30 day trial period is finished.

3. [Are] there any banners that will show?
No banners or advertisements will be shown with the trial versions.

4. [Are] there any limitations?
The limitations are described in the answers to questions 1 and 2.

Regards,

Santiago D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,467 Views)
Thanks for your clear answer Santiago.

Please send me an email as soon as Measurement Studio for .NET  is out of Beta and ready for production.

I really need to buy this piece of software, unfortunately I cannot deal with the beta right now.

Please email when ready to

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,463 Views)
Hello,

Actually, Measurement Studio 8.0 is out already and ready for production use.  The .Net framework is supported in Measurement Studio 8.0 (and actually, it has been supported since Measurement Studio 7.0).  You can purchase this version right away if you are interested.

Regards,

Santiago D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,456 Views)