From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile error: stdole2.tlb should be excluded

when compiling Visual basic with national instrument (measurement studio) references, I get this message:
'stdole2.tlb' should be excluded because its source file 'C:\WINNT\system32\stdole2.tlb' is under Windows System File Protection.
First time, I got a "stdole.tlb" (not stdole2.tlb). I removed stdole.tlb but when compiling, it added the stdole2.tlb.

Any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,098 Views)
I forgot to mention that it is related with the use of CWGraph3D Control (National Instruments).  If I don't use this graph (and remove references) it works fine.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,097 Views)

Lew,

I am not sure what is causing your error while creating an installer.  I did some research and found that some people had experienced this problem with applications that did not use Measurement Studio components as well.  In all these cases they were using Visual Studio 6.0.  What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Can you reproduce this error on a new application?  If you create a blank form, drop the CWGraph3D control on it and create an installer do you still get the error?  Does this error only occur in the application you have already written?

Regards,

Santiago D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,087 Views)
I get the same error if I create a new project and add the AxCW3DGraphLib. In attachment, you will find a picture of the solution explorer and the "task list build Error task". It used to work fine until I upgraded Measurement studio 8.0.  Maybe there is something I forgot or missed...

I use Visual Studio .NET. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,078 Views)

I re-installed visual studio .net.  Seems to work now.   

Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,069 Views)