Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9215 analog read timeout

When I try to read data (in C#) from my cDAQ 9215 for more than approximately 10 seconds, I get an error message:  "Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired.  To wait for the samples to become available use a longer read timeout...".  How do I control the timeout?  I can't find any information about timeout in the help files.  This error is not affected by the number of samples that I specify in myTask.Timing.ConfigureSampleClock(...).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,624 Views)

Hi xyzyx,

Basically this error message states that the read operation timed out before all the samples requested were available. How many samples have you specify for acquisition in the Timing.ConfigureSampleClock? How many samples are you reading in your task? I think that probably the error is occurring because the number of samples to read in the task is greater than the number of samples per channel you are acquiring. One way to get around the error would be to make sure that you are reading the same amount of samples that you acquiring. Another thing I want to mention is that you can get or set the timeout for the read task using the DAQStream class, this knowledge base explains how to configure it. I hope this is helpful.

Ana P
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,604 Views)

Thank you, Ana.  That fixed my problem.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,599 Views)
I was able to solve this error by explicitly providing a timeout. For some reason, the DAQ assistant would not take the value of timeout specified in the "Advanced Timing" tab. Further, I received this error when I did not specify the timeout only if the sampling time was greater than 10 seconds. This happened for all combinations of small and large sampling frequencies.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,554 Views)