From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquiring data from usb 6509 without using Measurement Studio

Hi, I'm new to the DAQ system implementation with NI.  I've bought the NI USB 6509 and are wondering if there is an alternative for acquiring the state of the digital inputs while using Visual Studio .net 2005 without using Measurement Studio.

I do have the drivers that came with the installation cd's and the board seems to work ok.  I will not need the Measurement Studio really because the information will just be acquired and sent into another program, so it would really be a waste of money if there was no other alternative.  So if there is another way of getting a hand onto these variables through visual studio .net 2005, it would be the best way for me.

Thanks in advance for any reply, and I apologyze if this is too much of a newbie question!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,674 Views)

Hi Alec,

NI provides NI DAQmx which includes examples to demonstrate easily how to acquire either digital or analog signal using Visual Studio.NET even without the use of MStudio. I personally built upon theses examples a humble class for reading/writing to any digital or analog I/O with single line of code (not immitating the MStudio but try to be useful Smiley Very Happy). I'll finish documenting it and post it freely to you and anyone else interested. So just give me a couple of days and you shall find it here.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

Message 2 of 3
(3,663 Views)

Hi VBCoder,

Where might this coding example reside? Would like to take a look at the code for an application I have.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,846 Views)