From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom in on section of intensity graph?

Hello all,

I need to be able to zoom in on a section of an intensity graph.  I know of the graph pallette but what I want to do is have the original graph, then select a region on the original to zoom in on which will  show up in another graph indicator so I have my original plus the zoomed in region.  Along with this is it possible to have a square or something on the original that will show the user how large and what area he/she is zooming in on?  I have tried to alter some of the shipping vi's like "cursor.vi", or "smith plot with zooming" but have been unsuccesful.  I have attached an example vi that I wrote that displays 2 intensity graphs.  Can any of you point me in the right direction so I can accomplish this display idea or can you let me know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Azazel

Azazel

Pentium 4, 3.6GHz, 2 GB Ram, Labview 8.5, Windows XP, PXI-5122, PCI-6259, PCI-6115
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,165 Views)
Hi Azazel,

I can't think of an easy way of doing this, but if you're up for the challenge, you can use the Event Structure to detect mouse clicks on top of the Graph and then detect the ROI (region of interest) that is selected by holding the left mouse button down. If I were you, I would use two cursors to show the selected area, and programmatically read the positions of the cursor and thereby be able to extract the selected subset of the data. You can also use the Event Structure to detect if an area inside the ROI is clicked with the left mouse button, thereby enabling the moving of the ROI.

Hint! Use the Cursor VIs to change the picture of the cursor when using it to select ROI (for example cross hair) or to move the ROI (closed fist).

Good luck!

PS: You might want to post this question in the LabVIEW Forum too. This forum is for Measurement Studio - I just found it by a coincidence.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,143 Views)
did you ever find out the solution?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,046 Views)