From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Forms + mstudio components causes GPF

Hello,

I have a couple of questions that i hope someone could help me with

1) When starting a new MFC project, only a few of the GUI controls are visible in the toolbox. Can the rest of the GUI components (e.g. LEDs, thermometer, gauge, DigitalWaveFormGraph, etc.) be used from an MFC application too (using evaluation or standard edition)? Or is the professional/enterprise edition required?

2) If i start a new Windows Forms application (C++), all the components I need are there, but when i place one on the form and press ctrl-F5, i get a General Protection Fault when the program starts. This happens only if i place a measurement studio control (for example a knob control), but not with standard windows controls. Any suggestions on why this happens and how it can be fixed would be appreciated. Exactly the same error occurs if i try to make an empty C# or Visual Basic project with a MStudio control on the form.

I am using:
Visual Studio 2005 Pro. version 8.0.50727.42
Measurement Studio 8.0.1.334
Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.50727

thanks in advance,

thor m.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,060 Views)
Hi thor,

To answer your first question, it is important to understand the two different sets of UI controls that Measurement Studio offers.  These two sets include native .NET UI controls and legacy ActiveX controls.  The native .NET UI controls will only appear in the toolbox when you are using a .NET language (C#, VB.NET, C++/CLI).  If you are using MFC, you will only see the legacy ActiveX controls.

As far as your second issue goes, I was not able to reproduce this issue in Measurement Studio 8.1.2.  Are you still enountering this issue?

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,814 Views)