Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Embedded Standard 7 - Installing Minimal NI Drivers and Including into ICE

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so please advise as needed if this post should be moved elsewhere.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone in the NI community has dealt with installing the NI drivers on a PXI chassis running Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) without running the main NI Device Driver setup.exe file?  The specific drivers I'm looking to install are the Analog Input PXI-4204 card, Digital I/O PXI-6528 card, Digital I PXI-6529 card and the Serial RS-422 PXI-8433/4 card.  I am trying to configure a WES7 image to include the drivers without having to install them after the image is loaded.  In other words, I'm trying to integrate the specific set of minimal NI drivers I need to a WES7 image.  It will save me from having to copy 5+ GB worth of NI drivers to the target PXI chassis and having to run the driver install for another ~1.5 hour every time I load a new WES7 image.  Is there any way to do this?  Hopefully, I captured the bulk of my question in this post, but please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advanced!

-jongj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,247 Views)

Hey jongj,

We have a few options we can use to minimize the time spent installing drivers on your PXI systems.

If you are trying to distribute the image to multiple chassis with the same embedded controller, the best option will be to install the drivers on the original machine then create the image.  While this may increase the image size you will not have to reinstall the drivers onto each chassis.

The other options available are to use either the DAQmx Core or Configuration Runtime versions.  Please note that both of these driver versions cut major usability features that are present in the full version of DAQmx.  More info about these distributions can be found below.

DAQmx Core

DAQmx Configuration Runtime

I hope this helps and have a great day!

J Newk
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,223 Views)