This widget could not be displayed.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does my Waveform Graph Turn to a Big Red X?

I am modifying my charts to increase flexibility and I'm having an issue that I've only seen once before and this issue was always on the first of several graphs to be written to and used to only happened on one system.  Now, on my development PC I am getting the same issue.  As soon as a write a value to the chart it turns to a big red X.  What is odd is that all other charts which are written to in the same loop operate just fine (charts 1-9).

Any ideas?

Dim ChartPrefix As String
                                Dim A As Int16
                                For cnt = 0 To 9
                                    ReDim ChartData(Charts(cnt).NumPlots, 0)
                                    For cnt2 = 0 To Charts(cnt).ChartChannels.Length - 1
                                        If Charts(cnt).ChartChannels(cnt2) <> "" Then
                                            ChartPrefix = Charts(cnt).ChartChannels(cnt2).Substring(0, 3)
                                            Select Case ChartPrefix
                                                Case "AI:"
                                                    For A = 0 To AIChannelCount - 1
                                                        'MsgBox(Charts(cnt).ChartChannels(cnt2).Remove(0, 3))
                                                        If AIChannels(A).Name = Charts(cnt).ChartChannels(cnt2).Remove(0, 3) Then
                                                            ChartData(cnt2, 0) = aiEngrUnits(A)
                                                            Exit For
                                                        End If

Next
                                            End Select
                                        End If
                                    Next
                                    frmD.WaveformGraph(cnt).PlotYAppendMultiple(ChartData)
                                Next

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(5,692 Views)

Hello there,  This is definitly odd behavior,  I will be looking into the possible cause. If possible would you send me the files to save on time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(5,681 Views)

What files do you need?  The entire solution is faily large with many required input files.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(5,679 Views)

Anything that would reproduce the current error with the large Red Box.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(5,676 Views)

The times I have seen this in the past, it was related to an out of memory exception. What are the memory conditions like on your system?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(5,673 Views)

Resources are fine.  Memory is around 50% max.  What makes it even more interesting is that it is selective.  It used to only happen on a laptop I have.  This was the first time I saw it on my development computer.  Now it has gone away again!  Going to be a difficult one.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(5,670 Views)

Are you using any special values? Such as negative infinity, positive infinity or NaN? There are not any known issues with this currently, but they have been the source of similar bugs in the past.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(5,667 Views)

No.  Outputing ~4000 and ~1000.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(5,664 Views)

I got it to throw me an error on now a third computer.  Again it is the first chart that messes up.  All of the rest are OK.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(5,654 Views)

I would still be interested in seeing the code that you are using which is creating this error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(5,649 Views)