From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF Using a graphs datasource and accessing the line colors

I have some code I am converting to WPF from windows forms. I used to use the ScatterPlot. It appears in WPF there is on a graph component and that I need to use the datasource to get the equivalent functionality. I am able to send that data to the graph using WPF however how do I access the line properties once the data is in there? The plots collection is null because I used the datasource instead... There is a data collection but not many accessible properties. 

List<System.Windows.Point[]> lsp = newList<System.Windows.Point[]>();

//Add data to lsp

Graph.DataSource = lsp;

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,042 Views)

Hi FoxGrove,

You should still be able to use plot renderers even though you are using a DataSource to plot your data.  Take a look at the Help Document, How to: Plot and Chart with the Measurement Studio WPF Graph Control for more information.  The code you will need to use in your XAML file is below:

<ni:Graph.Plots>
  <ni:Plot Name="Plot1">
    <ni:LinePlotRenderer Stroke="Red" />
    </ni:Plot>
</ni:Graph.Plots>

If you are still having trouble, you should also check out one of the shipped Measurement Studio examples, TemperatureSystem.  Navigate to Measurement Studio>>Measurement Studio Examples, then DotNET\Examples\WPF\Professional\TemperatureSystem to find the example, then go to line 190 of MainWindow.xaml to see where the line color is defined.

Myriam

Message 2 of 2
(5,015 Views)