From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2005 does not trust the component - NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Wizard. Why?

Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Developers with SP1.
NI DAQ drivers version 8.3.0

Following an earlier recommendation from this forum that I should install and use the NI DAQ drivers version 8.3.0, I'm having problems with the Visual Studio project and item templates.

I uninstalled the previous version of the drivers (8.0.5 - I think)
I installed the new drivers

Upon opening and trying to use Visual Studio following this operation, most if not all of my project and item templates were missing (e.g. no project or item templates AT ALL for VB, C# or C++).  The 'DAQ Component' template was present, but any attempt to use it resulted in the following error:

Error: this template attempted to load an untrusted component 'NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Wizard, Version 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541'.  For more information on this problem and how to enable this template, please see the documentation on Customizing Project Templates.

After a lot of searching on the Web, I've managed to get back all of my standard templates by copying the 'ItemTemplates' and 'ProjectTemplates' directories from the location 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE' to the location 'My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates', but the issue regarding usage of ANY of the National Instruments templates remains.  For example, if I attempt to create a new project using the 'NI DAQ Windows Application' project template I get the error reported above.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Does anyone have a work-around?

Regards
David Razzetti
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,632 Views)

Hello,

Following on from your post I have looked into the issue and passed on the description of the problem to R&D and I'm awaiting a response from them. When I do get something back I will post back here. In the mean time if you do make any progress in solving the issue yourself be sure to post back on here so the information on how to get around the problem can be present for the National Instruments community to view.

Have a good day,

Tom.
NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,597 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

Further to my earlier post, I have now tried this on a separate development PC (uninstall old drivers, install new drivers).  Whilst the templates for C#, VB etc were not removed this time, the issue concerning the usage of the National Instruments templates is reproduced on this other PC as reported in the original post.

Regards

David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,597 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for replying, have you tried just updating the drivers as opposed to uninstalling then installing the new ones? Let me know if this makes any difference.

Tom.
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,593 Views)

No, I haven't tried what you suggest.  Unfortunately I don't have any more suitable machines on which to experiment.

The best I could do without a freshly built PC (new O/S, new Visual Studio 2005, no previous installations of NI drivers) would be:

1. Uninstall 8.3 drivers

2. Re-install 8.0 drivers

3. Update 8.0 drivers to 8.3 drivers

I don't think that this would be a valid test because the 8.3 drivers would have been previously installed on the PC when step 3 was executed.  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the template support for Visual Studio 2005 a new feature in the 8.3 drivers when compared to the 8.0 drivers?  If so then an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.3 wouldn't be expected to exhibit different behaviour because the feature concerned would still be being installed rather than upgraded.

Regards David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,591 Views)

Robert,

Here is what I think is happening.  You got the Measurement Studio Wizard Templates on your machine but you don't have Measurement Studio on there to support the Visual Studio integration.  This is a bug in the installer that we are trying to find a way to work around.  It occurs when you select the "Install this Feature and All Subfeatures" in the installer and it selects the hidden integration files that are turned off if Measurement Studio is not installed.

So, you can not use the DAQ integration templates without having Measurement Studio also on your machine, or else you get this error.  To make the templates work you need National Instrument Measurement Studio for Visual Studio 2005.  Without this product the DAQ .NET API is all that is usable.

-Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,578 Views)

Thank you for the information.  Your assertion that I don't have Measurement Lab is correct. I'll remove the offending installation option.

Regards

David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,562 Views)