From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the PXI-2527 with c#

I am programming a C# test application using Measurement Studio and Visual Studio and I'm having trouble understanding how to close the relays on the PXI-2527. Going through each topology for the 2527, and trying to figure out how to close the correct relays, it seems the documentation does not support what I'm seeing. I found two example solutions. The first example is MakingConnectionsOnASwitch and the second is ControllingAnIndividualRelay. These are both found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-SWITCH\Examples\DotNET 4.5.

For example, choosing the 1-Wire 64×1 Multiplexer Topology, and trying to close a single relay, I would expect to be able to connect any channel to com0 as described in the documentation. But I cannot do this.I would expect that in this topology, cho+ would be ch0, ch0- would be ch1, ch1+ would be ch2 and so on. But this does not work. I can never connect ch0- to com0. I can connect all the chx+ channels, but none of the chx- channels to com0.  Also, if I use the designator "ch", I get errors that the "ch" is an invalid name. I can only use K0, K1, K2....  This does not match the documentation that I have read. 

Does anyone have a better example of how to program the PXI-2527 to support all the different topologies?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Are you getting an error when doing what you described above? If so, what is the error you are getting?

Also, which documentation are you following?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,230 Views)

I was getting an error due to using the wrong number of channels, and the wrong channel based on the chosen topology. However, I think I understand what my issue is. The TB-2627 terminal block that connects to the pxi-2527 switch matrix card has channel numbering on it. What I did not realize is that numbering really only applies to the 2-Wire 32x1 Multiplexer Topology. If you are using a different topology such as the 1-Wire 64x1 Multiplexer Topology the channel numbering does coincide with the channel you use in the software. I spent some time mapping how the channels for each topology connect to the terminals on the TB-2627 and I now understand how things are working.

I do appreciate your response, but I think I'm good now.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,227 Views)