From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo zoom in ContinuousChart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,
I use a graph whose x-axis runs all the time and the adjuster is ContinuousChart. When I zoom it works fine, and continues to run the x-axis relativistically. But when I try to undo the zoom it does not work. [You can easily see this in your examples - in the example of Charting].
Is there a way to zoom out/undo zoom in ContinuousChart?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hodaya273

When there is a conflict between a user interaction and a data update, the graph will favor the data change and clear the interaction history. (I agree that the particular case of a chart adjuster would allow re-interpreting a zoom interaction as a more general "window" change that still made since to undo, but the graph does not go to that level of detail.)

There is no configuration option to allow undoing a zoom after a range adjustment. To achieve that effect, you would need to track the zoom level separately, and perform "undo" changes in your own event handler. For example, if you always want to zoom in on the latest data, you could use a slider to control the zoom level, and update the axis range from the slider's value changed event.

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,222 Views)