From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo problem

As we  know that the WPF graphs use Shift+Right-click for Undo like the Windows Forms graphs in the Measurement Studio 2015 release. I use a TabControl to show different graphs. After Zooming,i change to other tabitem, and then i change back to first tabitem, I can not undo  last operation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,866 Views)

Unfortunately, the graph automatically resets the undo history and draws the currently assigned data whenever it is loaded (including after being hidden and shown as a child in a tab control).

To persist the undo history, you would need to either:

• Track the undo history in your own code (disable undo history on the graph, monitor the axes for change events, and handle the right-click mouse events to undo), or
  • Record and re-play the graph history before it is reset (in the Unloaded event, monitor the axes while calling UndoZoomPan until the graph history is cleared, and in the Loaded event replaying the recorded values).
~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,825 Views)
Hi,Paul. Thank you so much! And also there are two issues need to be confirmed, 1.In the Measurement Studio 2012 release, the graph does not reset the undo history. 2.In the Measurement Studio 2015 release, the graph does not reset the undo history after being hidden.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,817 Views)

I do not have ready access to older versions of Measurement Studio to fully confirm those issues. I believe graph undo history did change significantly after the 2012 release, so the lack of reset sounds likely. However, from what I could find it seems the reset should have been present in the 2015 release (note that the reset happens when the graph is next loaded after being hidden, so you would need to switch away and then switch back for the reset to occur).

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,741 Views)