From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The type or namespace name 'WebForms' does not exist in the namespace 'NationalInstruments.UI'

Hello.  I've created a new Project (Visual C# - Measurement Studio - NI Class Library).  In that Project, I have a Class with...

using NationalInstruments;
using NationalInstruments.UI;
using NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms;

...and I'd like to replace the reference to WindowsForms with a reference to WebForms.  However, when I do so and try to build, I get, "The type or namespace name 'WebForms' does not exist in the namespace 'NationalInstruments.UI'".  When I try to add a Reference to NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms in my Solution Explorer, there's no obvious Component Name to add...

...I'm expecting to see one called "National Instruments Web Forms Controls".

Please advise.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,239 Views)
Ask National Instruments to develop Web Forms Controls for us Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(11,238 Views)
The Measurement Studio User Manual (v8.0.1) has a section, "Chapter 2 - Measurement Studio .NET Class Libraries - ASP.NET Web Forms Controls."  Is this a lie?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(11,236 Views)
The WebForms controls only show up in the toolbox for a web based (ASP.NET) project like a new website. Go to File>>New>>WebSite in VS. As far as the NI Class Library not working, it works for me. However, when you create a NI Class Library using our wizard the wizard adds using statements to your project. If you remove WindowsForms assembly and add the WebForms assembly you will get a compile error for the statement:

using NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms;

Just remove that statement and everything builds fine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(11,230 Views)
> If you remove WindowsForms assembly and add the WebForms assembly

That's my point: the WebForms assembly does not appear in the "Add Reference" dialog for me (SEE image).  What, specifically, do I need to do to add the WebForms assembly to my Visual C# - Measurement Studio - NI Class Library Project?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(11,226 Views)
Are you using VS2003? The WebForms assembly only works with VS2005 (ASP.NET 2.0). You must install MStudio for VS2005 support and use VS2005 to get WebForms.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(11,223 Views)
I'm using...

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727
Installed Edition: Professional
NI Measurement Studio   8.1.20.256
Measurement Studio for Visual Studio 2005
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(11,221 Views)
Try looking in the Assemblies\Current folder for the asembly (under your installdir). Also try looking in the version specific folder under Assemblies and in the GAC.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(11,217 Views)
Based on the fact that that folder contains "NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll" I assume I'm looking for "NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms.dll".  That .dll is not found anywhere on my hard drive.  Please advise.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(11,213 Views)
Try to repair the install.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(11,205 Views)