Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tank.Value not displayed correctly (NI MS .NET 8.0)

I'm developing an application in C# using Visual Studio 2005 that includes an instance of the Tank control.  Below are some key source code lines which initialize this control's properties:
this.m_tnkVolume.OutOfRangeMode = NationalInstruments.UI.NumericOutOfRangeMode.CoerceToRange;
this.m_tnkVolume.Range = new NationalInstruments.UI.Range (1E-10, 0.0001);
this.m_tnkVolume.ScaleType = NationalInstruments.UI.ScaleType.Logarithmic;
With the exception of some cosmetic properties (e.g. FillColor, CaptionFont, TankStyle, etc.), I have not changed any other characteristics of the control.

When I set the Value property in design mode to "0.000001" or "1E-6", the tank is filled correctly.  In fact, any number larger than "1E-6" is handled by the tank without incident.  However, if I set the Value property to "0.0000001" or "1E-7", the tank displays nothing (i.e. is empty).

I do not understand why the control is exhibiting this behavior; especially considering that "1E-7" is well within the specified range.  When I first observed the mis-behaving control, I suspected that a cast-ing bug was buried somewhere in my code; but the issue is clearly repeatable in design mode.

Does anyone know of specific properties I am over-looking?  Is this a known bug with this control in the library?  (Note:  I was only able to locate to Knowledge Base articles on the Tank control and neither relevant to my problem.)

Thank you for your help.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,590 Views)

Hey Matt,

It looks like this might be a bug with Measurement Studio; I'm not sure at this point.  I am reporting it to R&D, and will let you know if I find out anything.  I was able to reproduce it here, and it does not look like expected behavior.

Message Edited by AndrewMc on 11-17-2006 04:01 PM

Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,565 Views)
Thank you Andy for the prompt reply.  Please let me know when the R & D staff responds to you.

I am anxious to learn if there is a work-around or a comparable control I can use.

Is there another National Instruments URL where I should report this issue?

Thank you.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,537 Views)

Hey Matt,

I will let you know when I have an update for you regarding this.  Currently, R&D is looking into this, and I will let you know when I have more information.  There is no need to report this issue as I have reported the issue and it is being looked at.

Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,516 Views)

Andrew, thank you for responding to my post and acknowledging my suspicions concerning the Tank control. 

As I waited for a response from your development team, I created a custom .NET "tank" control that is not troubled by small logarithmic values.  I will look into canceling/disabling/removing this thread.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,400 Views)