Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Visual Studio 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Any updates on this issue? My company is looking to move forward on Visual Studio 2017-2018 this quarter.

Message 11 of 28
(3,999 Views)

Ditto, end of life for .net 4.5.1 was January of 2016, this product is no longer supported.  Other third party tools and IT policies are forcing us to move forward, leaving this product in the dust.

Message 12 of 28
(3,861 Views)

Collin,

Any updates on the release of the Beta version yet?

Message 13 of 28
(3,843 Views)

I think the big question is - any update on the release of the final vision !!!Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 28
(3,835 Views)

When will the next release of Measurement Studio be released? Is there any news regarding this?

Message 15 of 28
(3,738 Views)

The message is clearly: "purchase Labview to program our hardware", which is quite a bad news.

Basically NI is like Apple, they sell hardware AND software, so why should they support .NET? just squeeze more money to people and force them learn and use a locked-in limited programming platform yayyy

Message 16 of 28
(3,673 Views)

Measurement Studio is not required to use the .NET APIs for NI hardware. .NET APIs for NI hardware require no additional purchase. Please see this article for information on what APIs are available and how to get them: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14434/en/.

The next version of Measurement Studio is under development, with release targeted for NI Week 2019. It will support Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017. We plan to have a Beta available very soon (within a few weeks). We will post to this thread when the Beta is available so that you can sign up if you'd like. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(3,663 Views)

This is fantastic news.  Will certainly be signing up for the Beta to verify compatibility with these IDE's and more importantly, to ensure that this works on more recent versions of the .net Framework.

Message 18 of 28
(3,646 Views)

Thanks for the update on the Beta. I am looking forward to it. I have been waiting for a reply from the product manager concerning the status. The last I had heard was for a mid-October release. An update to Measurement Studio is a long time coming for those who have faithfully paid maintenance. I must admit that I am a little frustrated as to the lack of product development on Measurement Studio. It has been a letdown to see updates for other NI programming environments while Measurement Studio has remained the same for years. It is very good news indeed that there will be a Measurement Studio 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(3,570 Views)

Hello all,

I am happy to announce that the beta for Measurement Studio 2019 is now live! Feel free to check out and download it from the NI Software Technology Preview forum, today:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Software-Technology-Preview/ct-p/techpreview

Note that you will probably have to apply for access to the forum through this page:

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/software-technology-preview.html

Please let me know if you have any questions for me. I will be emailing all of those that reached out individually with a request to be a part of the beta, today.

Regards,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(3,319 Views)