Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone DAQmx Application missing dependencies

Hi,

I'm writing a data acquisition application for cDAQ based devices using C#/NET. I'd like to be able to install the bare-minimum driver package (i.e. the DAQmx runtime) on my deployment PCs, but when I do this, I'm missing dependencies.

What is the best way to package the cDAQ dependencies for deployment?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,403 Views)

What dependencies are you missing? Could you tell us a little more about the packages you are using or post a screenshot of the error? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,368 Views)

My application uses NI-DAQmx 18.1 with the ".NET Framework 4.5.1 Languages Support Feature". In my application, I reference the NationalInstruments.Common and NationalInstruments.DAQmx.

A common error I get on deployment PCs is "Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruemnts.DAQmx, Version=18.1.45.69, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4febd62461bf11a4' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,357 Views)

Is your project configured to build 32-bit applications or 64-bit applications? Please see the following similar post: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-NationalInstrume...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,351 Views)

I am having some similar issues.  I am installing NIDAQmx v15.5.  The software is looking for drivers in the:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\NationalInstrument.DAQmx\ directory.

However, that directory is not created during the installation of NIDAQmx v15.5.

On other computers the DAQmx directory is there and the software we have built to use this driver runs fine.

I am getting an error because the software can't find the file or a dependency.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,136 Views)