From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single channel read from task with multiple channels

I am having difficulty getting my head around this "Task" based i/o with DAQmx in Measurement Studio 8.0, using C#.

This is the problem I am trying to solve:
I have different devices attached to separate channels of a 6035E MIO board.
I have written classes for each of the different devices, and each class has a Read method.
The Read method attempts to read from a specific channel for the MIO board.
I have found out that I can only have 1 task of a particular type (for instance Analog Input) running at a time, so I put all of my Analog input channels into 1 task.
I want to create a separate data reader for each channel that I want to reader so that I can pass the data readers to each of my device classes and then I can read from each separate channel using the ReadMultiSample method of an AnalogSingleChannelReader that I created from the Stream of the Analog Input task. The thing is, the task contains multiple channels.

How can I specify a different channel to read for each AnalogSingleChannelReader I create?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,870 Views)
DRT,

I looks like you are getting this issue addressed in:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=2791

To keep matters simple we will leave it there.

-GDE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,848 Views)