Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scattergraph auto-scaling

So, I am using a NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.ScatterGraph widget, and the incoming data causes the scattergraph to autoscale annoyingly fast on boundary conditions.  Is it possible to have it autoscale upwards normally, but limit how quickly it autoscales down (like make it not autoscale down unless 3 seconds have passed)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,744 Views)

Hey foo,

What does it mean to have it autoscale 'normally'? If there are points outside the range, I would expect it to autoscale 'annoyingly fast' to encapsulate all data points. If you know the range of your data points, my recommendation would be to pre-define the Y axis beforehand instead of using autoscaling. 

-BDog

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,712 Views)

By "normally", I mean I would like it to autoscale upwards, as it does now, so that we don't miss any data points, but for the edge condition, it also scales down just as quickly, so the graph has a lot of jitter due to constant autoscaling up and down.  If we were able to limit how fast it autoscaled down, we would be able to have a stable graph.  I guess from what I hear, I will have to implement our own auto-scaling wrapper.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

I should mention, that the scattergraph is the only part of measurement studio that we utilize.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,688 Views)