From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required library for acquiring images in Visual Studio?

I am trying using to use Visual Studio (2010 or 2017) C# to run a GigE camera to grab an image and run some compare function set up in NI Vision Development Module and Vision Assistant 2017. I added all the references from the NI folders but I seem to be missing the sessions one? Which reference should be the one that works?

The session is set up using:

NationalInstruments.Vision.Acquisition.Imaqdx.ImaqdxSession session;
            session = new ImaqdxSession(comboBoxCameraName.Text);
            session.ConfigureGrab();

uint bufNum = 0;           

NationalInstruments.Vision.VisionImage img; // reference ?
            session.Grab(img, true, out bufNum);
            session.Close();

and it returns the following error:
Error 1 The type 'NationalInstruments.ISupportSynchronizationContext' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=8.7.35.131, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a'. G:\2817\Test2018\NItest\NI_Test\NI_Test\Form1.cs 17

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,060 Views)

Hi Dan,

Please note that, according to the Readme, Visual Studio 2010 and later are not officially supported:

NI Vision Acquisition Software Readme
http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//vision/Vision%20Acquisition%20Software/January%202017/Vision...

That said, you could try the steps in the following KB if you think this issue is related. Howebver, I think the lack of support for Visual Studio is the more likely cause.

Building a Measurement Studio Project in Visual Studio Results in Assembly Conflicts
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kGvFSAU

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,028 Views)