Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocessing Point in Graph after Range Change

Hi,

I am plotting Point A on a graph by passing it in to the data source. Then I change Point A to Point B by replacing that data item in the graph with the new point. The vertical axis adjuster is set to fit loosely, so the range adjusts, then I swap out Point B for Point A. In my renderer, the first time Point A is being plotted, it shows up in the RenderGraphCore function as a percentage of the display window .3. Then, the second time I try passing in Point A, after the axis has adjusted, the percentage in RenderGraphCore is still .3. Does anyone know why the second processing of the point isn't taking into account the range change? 

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,338 Views)

Just as a heads up, I got it working. I called UpdateLayout on the graph which I am guessing reestimated the axis range which the renderer in turn used, producing the correct percentages of the new range.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,319 Views)

I tried to reproduce the issue using the custom point renderer example, but could not get the behavior you described. When I changed just the Y value on the point object and refreshed the graph, the yValues collection in the renderer always updated (and the xValues stayed in place, since X was unchanged).

Could you provide a small test application that demonstrates the problem?

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,312 Views)