Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing with c# measurement studio

Hi,
I am wanting someone to show me the benefits of measurement studio as a tool for parsing data. Is it possible to get of an example of the features Measurement Studio has when it comes to parsing byte data eg (Addressbyte,Instructionbyte, Databyte) each being a specific byte length to and from a customers preferred piece of hardware. This project I have in mind communicates via TCP/IP and the data is buffered and then pulled to say a gauge object, very basic for now.
What I want to know is if I can be shown if this task can be done a lot faster with MS or should I stick to programming sockets in .NET. If this is possible can I be shown an example.

Cheers

Chris

Australia
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,936 Views)
Hey Chris,

This is a good questions, and I wanted to give you an honest answer.  For parsing data, Measurement Studio does not add much functionality.  It does however add many advanced signal processing, linear algebra, statical, and curve fitting functions.  Measurement Studio also give you many nice graphical controls such as graphs, knobs, slides, etc.  To get an idea of some of the controls you get with Measurement Studio, look at the second to last image on "What is Measurement Studio".

You mentioned that you wanted the ability to talk to a customer's instrument.  Measurement Studio give you access to our VISA driver which abstracts instrument control; VISA operates on many different buses such as GPIB, Serial, Ethernet, and USB.  For example, a VISA read command will work on any of the buses, which is convenient if you ever decide to use another instrument that uses a different bus.

Lastly, you mentioned that you were communicating using TCP/IP; Measurement Studio will give you access to our Network Variables which allow you to easily transfer data across networks.

For a full list of Measurement Studio features visit the comparison page.  I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Software Engineer
Jett R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,919 Views)